We are a young startup that launched our low-code platform nedyx® in April 2022. Thanks to the product development overview, you will always stay up to date and have all important innovations and updates summarized here at a glance.
Apr 23 Version
Creating and sending PDF files
- With the PDFCREATE function, any pages of an app can be inserted into a PDF file. It is possible, for example, to add the same page several times with different menu settings or to perform any other action on the page beforehand. These PDF files can then either be saved locally or sent to any email address using the SENDEMAIL function.
Guest user access
- For apps you can now optionally allow anonymous access via guest users. This allows nedyx apps to be seamlessly integrated into existing websites, for example, in order to offer extended interactions with the user. There is also the option to hide the navigation bar and/or the header bar of the app.
- With the CALLURL function, text-based content can be loaded from external web providers and then processed further. This makes it possible, for example, to use daily updated currency rates in the app, to offer a spell checker or an automatic translation of texts
Other new functionalities
- Undo / Redo - for restoring previous states during app creation
- Graphic enhancements - Hide axes, transparency, text rotation
- Hierarchical navigation - arranging pages in several levels
- Default item for menu widgets - useful e.g. for adding an "All" item for database queries
- New functions: APPLIST, STOREWIDGETCONTENT, LOADWIDGETCONTENT, DOWNLOADFILE, GETSQL
Feb 23 Version
Dynamic formatting for graphics
- The data records of a graphic can now be formatted in the same way as is possible with tables. Thus, backgrounds, line and frame colors of the graphic elements can be defined dynamically and the format information can be stored centrally. In addition, the transparency of the backgrounds of graphic elements can now be set as required.
Assignment of filter menus for database queries
- Widgets filled with database content can now be filtered using menus. This makes it very easy to query exactly the data you want to see without SQL knowledge.
- Synchronization of scrollbar position between different table widgets, either vertically or horizontally.
- Actions and properties that have a formula assigned are now marked accordingly in the properties pop-up.
- Display of a "skeleton" page during longer response or loading times.
- Use of TAB and Shift&Tab keys for indentations in the formula window.
- "STOREWIDGETCONTENT" function to store contents of widgets in the nedyx® internal database.
Sept 22 Version
- Pop-up pages can be used to display dialogs, detailed information, selection options and other content above the page that is currently active. This means that additional content is only displayed when it is needed. The page itself can be limited to the generally relevant information.
- Table widgets receive a new "type" that determines whether the contents always consist of only one row or one column. This simplifies the editing of these widgets and adapts contents to the respective type.
- In addition to the basic authentication (user name and password) already available, BYOI installations (short for "bring your own infrastructure") can use the local Active Directory to authenticate users with their existing Windows credentials.
- With the user management functions, almost all user authorizations within the workspace and the apps can be controlled. Thus, all authorizations are saved and maintained in a separate environment and can be applied at any time in nedyx®.
Aug 22 Version
- With the pie charts another option is offered to visualize data in nedyx®.
- From all tables and views of a database, the one whose content is to be displayed in a table widget can be selected. This gives you quick access to all the contents of a database and allows you to process them further with nedyx® functions.
- The cells of a table can now be colored individually. For example, cells that are ready for input can be highlighted.
- With the functions "UPLOAD" and "DOWNLOAD" text-based files can be uploaded from your local computer into nedyx® or text contents from nedyx® can be saved as a file on your local computer. Thus, table widgets can be filled in nedyx® with one local CSV file.
Jul 22 Version
- If a cell widget contains a date, the user can use the "date picker" to change the date using a calendar pop-up.
Formula error highlighting
- When entering and executing formulas, the application developer now receives detailed information if a formula cannot be executed as required. This enables a quick adjustment of the formula.
New dynamic properties
- In addition to content, other widget properties can now be calculated via formulas. This offers the application developer further possibilities to customize the user experience and functionality of apps at runtime. The following properties can now be calculated in addition to the content: Style, Editable, Visible and Connection.
- With the functions "QUESTION" and "MESSAGE" simple options are offered to inform the user in special situations. Example: Not all fields of a form have been filled in yet and a decision has to be made - leave form page without saving, etc.
Jun 22 Version
- Complete apps can now be exported in one file and subsequently integrated into a version control system, shared with colleagues, etc. Once exported, app files can be imported back into the nedyx® cloud at any time, providing additional backup options as well as advanced protection for your created content.
- Widgets can be transferred both within an app and between different apps or nedyx® environments via the clipboard.
- With the "SETSELECTION" function, you improve your user guidance by creating a smart preselection of settings. Are your users interested in the data from other countries or just the data from Germany? From now on it is no problem to display the preferred data first.
- With the function "RANGETOCSV" you can create automatic CSV exports. You use this function for any widgets and create serial text contents from them, which you can save and upload again.
May 22 Version
Introduction of constants into the formula language ClearLines
- Constants control how functions are executed (for example, whether a table should be sorted by rows or columns).
- With the "LOOKUP" function you can, among other things, display texts in the current language based on a translation table or convert technical identifiers into speaking identifiers. If master data come from different data sources with different identifiers, you can use the "LOOKUP" function to provide them with a uniform identifier for further processing.
- With the "UPDATE" function, you can control at what point data from external data sources are newly read into the app.
Apr 22 Version
Release of the nedyx® platform